SAVE OUR HONEY BEES. GET INVOLVED. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Exclusive to GlitterTrees you can Sponsor this one of a kind Melbourne Bee Hive, and be a proud supporter of our local honey bees.
THE HAWDON PRINCESSES
“We are a very good looking bunch, light in colour almost like tanned princesses! We’d love you to be our Sponsor and help us get through winter. We’ll be busy little bees making lots of delicious honey for you.”
Your exclusive sponsorship of Hawdon Princesses will help these Honey Bees survive and flourish.
Perfect for individuals or corporations, you’ll enjoy many benefits including a honey supply and the opportunity to name your Queen Bee.
YOUR SPONSORSHIP WILL GO A LONG WAY TO SUPPORTING OUR BEES AND INCLUDES:
- The opportunity to host the BeeHive at your location or choose from one the hundreds of interested locations on the waiting list.
- Continued maintenance & materials for the hive by the Rooftop Honey Team.
- Rooftop Honey team visiting the hive regularly throughout the year to make sure the bees are happy and healthy.
- Your very own Certificate of Appreciation sent to you.
- The opportunity to name your Queen Bee.
- Up to 20% of the Honey per year (dependent on honey flow).
- The opportunity throughout the year to participate in the various aspects of beekeeping and honey extraction.
- Learn about Beekeeping with direct contact with qualified beekeepers, you are welcome to observe and be part of what Rooftop Honey do.
MELBOURNE ROOFTOP HONEY
Melbourne Rooftop Honey was created by beekeepers with a vision of bringing bees back to the city and suburbs of Melbourne. They set up this project to support the world wide effort to help save the honey bee and currently have 20 hives placed around Melbourne, with a waiting list for 100′s more.
All of the bees that are being re-homed have been caught in swarms or ferral colonies by Rooftop Honey and saved from extermination, especially given some of the conditions they face during Winter.
Melbourne Rooftop Honey supply 100% Raw Honey – no additives or heat treatments, only mother natures all natural food straight from the hive.
WHAT’S HAPPENED TO OUR HONEY BEES?
With the collapse of honeybees in 2007 (Colony Collapse Disorder), the Asian Honey Bee threat and Varroa Mite on our doorstep, a serious risk is taking place on our natural food supply. Since the honey bee is crucial in our environment and their existence helps with sustainability in food along with the responsibility of pollinating a large proportion of the food that we eat – if the honey bees are in trouble, we are in trouble as well.
OTHER SPONSORS OF ROOFTOP HONEY
- La Luna Bistro, Carlton
- Ladro, Fitzroy and Prahran
- Fatto A Mano, Fitzroy
- Trunk Bar, Melbourne
- Roller Door Cafe, West Melbourne
- The Alto Hotel, Melbourne
- Melbourne Deck of Secrets
Get involved and Sponsor a Hive. Plant bee friendly plants in your garden and flowering trees. Be good to bees.
Spend over $50 with GlitterTrees and we will Plant a Glitter Tree*